By Ingrid Mota
What assets are those that give value to a company? Your fixed assets such as real estate, infrastructure, etc. Your customer base, of course. Oh sure, and also your brand.
Today we have not the slightest doubt that the brand is precisely the main value component of a company. Brand creation or branding It is the result of the accumulated experiences that a consumer has, which create a perception about a company, its employees and its products.
The Practice of Branding
Developing a brand positioning strategy is an easy task if you have the clarity of knowing where you want to build your image, and the elements that allow you to differentiate your brand from your competitors. In this way, a product has a memorable image, with a solid brand that supports it.
Thus, the branding It allows building loyalty towards a brand and its products, by achieving a good mix between communication and creating consumer affinity towards the brand, in such a way that it strengthens its value.
When the marketer manages to make a consumer identify with a product, make it his own and, on occasion, his infatuation makes him promote and defend it within his group of influence, it is when, finally, he can feel proud of his marketing strategy. branding. Its benefits? Brand reputation and sales.
The moment of creation
Creating a brand goes far beyond registering it and creating a tagline. There are several components that result in the generation of value and that, when added together, give guidelines at the moment of the creation of the branding.
It is clear that for each of the following definitions a special section should be made, however, here I present the basic information, as a quick mapping for your own walk through this creative world:
- Product name: It must be simple and memorable, with the ability to put the consumer in the context of the need to be satisfied, and the brand attributes
- Logo: Graphic image that will identify the brand in front of the consumer.
- Tagline: Phrase that complements the logo to give an identity that must be simple, forceful, so that it is distinctive and makes the product desirable to the consumer.
- Typography: Ttype of letter that will be used to create a brand personality.
- Brand colors: The visual experience is fundamental in making the purchase decision since it must be empathic with the personality of the target in a way that influences their loyalty to the brand.
- Brand image: It is the impression of a brand in the mind of the consumer. It is closely related to the brand experience and the communication that it makes towards its consumer so that an opinion can be formed through the packaging of its products, employee attention, display at points of sale, among others.
tracing the mark
Here is an example of some of the guidelines for creating branding from the first stroke (to see the image in original size just click on the image):
With all branding it is the way a consumer perceives a company and its products. Art goes far beyond a logo, a website, a brand experience at the point of sale or social networks, and becomes the way in which a consumer lives his relationship holistically with a brand.
That is why it results in a condition sine qua non that the marketer must be highly strategic and creative to generate such strong and positive brand awareness for the consumer, that their experience can be summed up in one word: branding.